Fin Rot?? Help!!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Patience is definitely a key on fins healing. I had some black neon tetras at one time and ended up with only one female! Suffice it to say....she and the lowest male got beat up really bad. Split fins for both of them.

Now, I'm not saying do what I did....but to finally heal them up I added aquarium salt at 1 tablespoon per 5 gallons. And, I also added more black neons and got more females. The fins did heal and I stopped with the salt. (I had also tried a lot of treatments, like melafix and pimafix, both of which stressed the fish so I stopped).

Another note is they did get a bit of fungal infection but the salt seemed to be the only thing that helped.

My suggestion is to be patient, do lots of water changes (clean water does wonders!). And do as Colin suggests and add lots more plants AND more fish to the group so aggression gets spread out more. I know it worked for me!

Great news.....been away for the weekend, got back today and the cardinals anal fin has fully grown back, and his tail has grown a fair bit, and we'll on the mend. Thanks for all your advice

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back