Filter Problem

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

ceri

Reaction score
Any help is much apreciated as my father in law usually helps with this and is away! My tropical aquarium filter tube popped out when i was cleaning the tank today and the filter is now making a horrid gurgling noise, I believe i have broken the air and suction seal? My father in law usually adds more water to the 3 layer filter and sucks the tube (yuck). If anyone could give me a simple guide to fix this I would be very appreciative..

Any help is much apreciated as my father in law usually helps with this and is away! My tropical aquarium filter tube popped out when i was cleaning the tank today and the filter is now making a horrid gurgling noise, I believe i have broken the air and suction seal? My father in law usually adds more water to the 3 layer filter and sucks the tube (yuck). If anyone could give me a simple guide to fix this I would be very appreciative..

what make and model of filter is it but what he does sounds about right.

you need get it completely full of water, should be somewhere you can pour more in. then if it doesn't have an automatic primer then sucking on the end to get the siphon going works

Do as Miss Wiggle says; add water from the tank (not tap water) to the filter to prime it. Fill it as much as possible. The water will take a minute to start coming up through the tube. Make certain the tube is seated firmly back in place inside the filter. If you run the filter dry for too long you'll burn out the motor. I'm confused as how your father-in-law managed to suck on the end of a tube inside of a hang-on-tank filter. He must have some really long, narrow lips - LMAO!

Do as Miss Wiggle says; add water from the tank (not tap water) to the filter to prime it. Fill it as much as possible. The water will take a minute to start coming up through the tube. Make certain the tube is seated firmly back in place inside the filter. If you run the filter dry for too long you'll burn out the motor. I'm confused as how your father-in-law managed to suck on the end of a tube inside of a hang-on-tank filter. He must have some really long, narrow lips - LMAO!

Many thanks both for your help this is fantastic. I was all prepared to fix it last night but after two hours it returned to normal and now sounds okay? I hope it has fixwed itself not burned out as mentioned above :unsure: . Once again big thanks to both of you

Most reactions

Back