FIGHTING FEMALES HELP!

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

emgclover

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
ok here is the story. I had one pregnant female guppy in a seperate tank to try and save the babies. A couple of days ago i noticed that another one of my guppies looked heavily pregnant so i moved her into the tank with just the other female in. The very first thing they do is peck at each others gravid spot and its not just a small nip its like they are out to kill each other! I dont know if i should seperate them or if its just normal because the fry are coming. Its all they have been doing and i'm worried they wont stop till babies come out or one is injured please help.

Its fairly normal for them to poke at one another but if it looks like they are trying to hurt each other than put a tank divider in as this is not normal. HTH :)

my advice is to eather divide the breeder into two parts using a glass or plastic sheet, or sacrifice one group of babies, but thats just what i would do and you dont have to.

I guess i'll need to look for signs to see which one will give birth first. I've heard that they will cramp their fins? What does this mean and what will it look like? I dont know what i should be looking for.

Most reactions

Back