Fertilizers

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

wrs

Michelle's Hot
Reaction score
Are they necesary for a nice planted tank? I have plants that are supposed to be good in low light, but they dont grow, and I was wondering if fertilizers would help? All they do is dye

what plants are they? there are many factors besides fertilizing to make plants grow, ie lighting and substrate. Then again, I've had crypts grow under 15w of standard fluorescent and pebble gravel but the ludwigia didn't grow and lost most of its leaves. I guess if your nitrates are 0 then it wouldn't hurt to add some liquid ferts.

And what type of tube are you useing in the light, is it suitable for growing plants, if it isnt, that could explain some of your problems as well.

Im not sure, its the basic 55 gallon lights, though I am planning on chaning them.

I have amazon swords, those walmart bulb plants, the lillys are doing great, untill one was moved under the filter and it sucks all the leaves. I have Rotala, and 1 ludwiga which is 1/2 dead, but growing on top. Oh, and the green wendtii (sp)

It is natural gravel from nature I gues, and the nitrates are at 0.

I am planning on getting some other rotala forms and java moss as well.

what would be a good light for a 55 gallon tank? I dont want anything to fancy, as I just want lower light plants

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back