Female Blue 3 Spot Gourami acting strange

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Teelie

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
I just copied/pasted this off another forum so I don't have to retype the whole thing. :) Plus that site has this nifty quick stat reference menu.

I noticed her doing this weird jerky back and forth swimming this morning. My Opaline and Gold both are fine, swimming around normally and being a bit nippy but not serious. The Blue though is the most reclusive, always hiding in her Pagoda decoration though she does come out to eat and occasionally swim around.

Any reason why she would do this jerky forward and back movement? I know I've heard about it before but I can't place what it means.

I did add some more sand to what I had because my plants roots were growing longer than expected. I thoroughly rinsed the sand so there shouldn't be any particles in there and neither the Gold or Opaline seem affected.

=== My Quick Help Info ===================

Tank Stats
-------------------
Size of Tank (Gallons / Litres): 30US Gallon
Running for how long: 9 weeks (fish added 2 weeks after cycle completed)

Water Params
-------------------
Temp: 76°-78°F
pH: 7.8ish
Ammonia (ppm): 0
NitrIte (ppm): 0
NitrAte (ppm): 60
Water-change Schedule: Every 2 weeks, just done 3 days ago
Water-change Amount: 20%
Any Water Additives: Occasionally Kent ZOE Spirulina & MelaFix
What fish are in the tank, length, age, etc.
30x12x18
Three, 3 Spot Gourami; Blue, Opaline, Gold, all between 2-3" the Opaline has been in there 3 weeks, the Blue 2 the Gold 1. I readded and redid their decorations last week to allow territory to be restablished.-------------------

===================================

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back