Fell into the hobby...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

GoldenBoy77

Reaction score
Hello Everyone! Let me start by saying, this is a great forum!
So here's my fish story... I've almost always kept goldfish in a 10 gallon tank since I was too young to remember (now I'm 27) but stopped when I moved out on my own a few years ago. Then about six months ago I set my 10 gallon tank up in my apartment and added a few little fantail goldfish... Well now they're too big for that 10 gallon so I bought a 55 gallon from a friend of mine that's into reef keeping... I decided to look into what other fish to buy since a 55 is pretty big for 3 goldfish... Long story short, I found this site (and some others), decided goldfish were pretty boring, now I'm looking for a 30 gallon or so tank for the goldfish and my 55 is cycled and planted and ready for some tropical fish this weekend! I'm still debating on the types of fish i want. I don't wanna get too crazy adding fish, I'll probably just start with a school of neon tetras...

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself to the forum, ya know, before I start having all the issues I know will come from getting started in this hobby.

-GoldenBoy77

Hi and :hi: to the forums.

I have to say you are showing all the symptoms of suffering from MTS!!!! :D

Join the club! Heh heh. :thumbs:

steve 8)

Welcome aboard....now you'll have to stop in and check out every lfs that you see on the road. LOL. SH

Hey, Thanks for the warm welcomes!
Thebaldranger - I can take a guess, but what does MTS stand for?
Steelhealr - In the past few weeks I've already become well known at the two LFS's in my area! :lol:

..Can't wait to get some fish!

GoldenBoy77 said:
Hey, Thanks for the warm welcomes!
Thebaldranger - I can take a guess, but what does MTS stand for?
Steelhealr - In the past few weeks I've already become well known at the two LFS's in my area! :lol:

..Can't wait to get some fish!
MTS = Mutliple Tank Syndrome!!!

steve 8)

steelhealr said:
Welcome aboard....now you'll have to stop in and check out every lfs that you see on the road. LOL. SH
God, ain't that the truth. I used to spend my lunch hour eating or browsing the local golf shop. Now I spend it browsing one of the 4 LFS near where I work. And I just found out there's another one within 8 miles of work so now I have a different LFS to go in everyday. Who needs to eat lunch when you can go look at fish? You just go through the drive through on the way back and eat at your desk on company time (while browsing this forum)!!!!!!

Hi GoldenBoy77 :)

Welcome to the forum! :hi:

Picking out fish is the most fun. :thumbs: If you are setting up a peaceful community tank, don't forget to get a nice school of cory cats for the bottom. :D

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back