Feeding

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

cheekeyarab

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I have a tank with a small shoal of black widow tetras, 3 platies, one remaining guppy and a zebra loach.

I currently feed them aquarian tropical flake food as this was what they were on before and I didn't know if it was wise to change them straight away.

I think they could do with a more varied diet because the tetras seem to love the food but my platies are a bit half-hearted about it. As for the loach and guppy, they would eat anything by the looks of it!

Also what is best treatment for velvet disease?

There's a lot of options for food. You can get some freeze-dried bloodworms and brine shrimp that I'm sure they'd love. You can also get some frozen bloodworms and brine shrimp that they'd love even more.

For Velvet, something like Maracide would be good.

Give them a good varity of foods and they will be happier and healthier. Just do not overfeed. I give my fish a rotation of different foods, brine shrimp, black, red and white mosquito larve, krill (the afore mentioned are all of the frozen type). Tetra crisps and granules, and a frozen mush made of peas, brine shrimp and vitamins that I get from my lfs are also included in random combinations.hth

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back