Feeding Time

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

ladynaoko

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Feeding mybetta Steve always used to be a big problem - he wouldn't touch flakes, pellets or freeze dried food which was all I could get at the time... so I was forced into buying fresh prawns for him and when I fed him he wouldn't eat unless I hand fed him.

Then on Saturday I managed to find a place that sells frozen food (sure it's an hours drive, but I'm willing to do it :p) and I picked up a pack of bloodworm. When I fed them I put the defrosted bloodworm in the tank after the flakes and pleco tablets. Steve wasn't really paying attention during all this (since I always had to tap him on the nose with his food to get him to eat) and he happened to much on a bloodworm passing by - but because the flakes and tablets had already gone in, he didn't know what it was! :lol:

Now every time I feed them as soon as the flakes go in - he zooms over and has a munch.. then swims off in a huff because it's not his bloodworm. Then the tablets go in, he zooms to the tablets.. has a pick at them then picks one up and swims off with it (these tablets are around 1 cm big.. funny watching him try and carry it). When he figures out it's not what he wants he drops it and swims back. Then I put the bloodworm in... and he glares as it for a while like he thinks I'm putting flakes in again, then he catches on and starts feasting :lol:

Crazy crazy betta

:lol: Cute story. I think everyone that owns a couple of bettas, has a betta that just makes you laugh @ everything they do. I am telling you bettas have so much personality :nod: .

Synastic said:
I am telling you bettas have so much personality :nod: .
they really do :D

I'm trying to find space in my house to set up my other tank (it's sat on top of a wardrobe staring at me right now :lol:) JUST so I can get another betta

Most reactions

Back