feeding peas??how

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

millym

Fish Herder
Reaction score
excuse this rather dumb question but exactly HOW do you feed peas to fish??? do you open the pod & fling them in or soften the whole pod with peas inside & fix it on a clip or something??? i give my fish zucchini & lettuce & stuff & a lot of them love it so i thought id put peas on the menu but would like a clue

Hi

I feed my fish peas all the time and they go absolutely mad for them. :p

All i do is get the number of frozen peas I want to feed and put them in a cup. Boil the kettle and then add the hot water to the cup so as to soften the peas. Leave the water in there for 5 minutes or so. This will thaw them out and soften the peas.

Then, pour away the water. Careful if its still hot! Then take the pea and pop it out of its shell. Dont feed the shell! Then with your forefinger and thumb, crush the pea to make it a quite soft and mushy. Then drop this mush in the tank and watch the fish go wild for it!!

Then repeat with your other peas!

Easy. :shifty:

Jimmy.

would mollies eat peas? i tried to give my mollies lettuce but they seemed more intrested in pecking at my plastic plants :(

Just as Jimmy says. :D

I dont bother with the hot water - just leave them out for a bit. If I forget I got them out the cry of "whats this pile of peas doing here??" often works to remind me! :p :D

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back