Feeding live brine shrimp to platy fry!

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

pcam86

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi, Can anyone help me because i'm not sure how often i'm supposed to feed my platy fry live brine shrimp?

Also, How do i clean my breeding net with my platy fry in because their waste won't pass through it. I can't syphon it out because my fry will get sucked up too.

I don't feed my livebearer fry bbs that often maybe every 3 to 4 days. I'm even feeding them frozen blood worms chopped up but they're 4 or 5months old now. As for the net hummmmmmmmmmmm... you can put the fry in something and then clean it? I don't use nets I just use a spare tank.

my fry are only around 3 weeks old so is it best to keep feeding them brine shrimp?

I'm not sure about the Brine Shrimp, because I never fed my fry that...

On to the net..
I just take a little container, scoop the fry out, put them in there, and then take the breeder net out and rinse it. Just make sure the water in the container is about the same temperature as the tank, so they don't get shocked.

Yeah you can still feed them that but you also can feed them something called first bites u can get it at a local petstore and also you can finely crush up some flakes and feed them that also.

Hey Pica, The white spot looks like it's gone or maybe there is like one or 2 spots between all of my fish. My 3 neons still seem to be doing ok but one of my neons keeps picking on one of the others. I only have 3 now so could the problem be that there needs to be more neons added to the tank again?

I'd reccomend you get more, since Neons are schooling fish....but you might want to wait until all the Whitespots are gone. Since Neons aren't the hardiest of fish...

Most reactions

Back