Feeding Garlic

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

dayzofspeed

Fish Herder
Reaction score
during my recent ich outbreak i was advised to try feeding garlic to my fish as a supplement to help their immune system. which is the best way of doing this and how much should i give them, obviously i dont want my tank to smell like a frenchmans armpit lol. I have some dried and crushed garlic in the kitchen, in one of those little shaker things is that stuff ok or do i have to supply them with fresh stuff......... all help appreciated as usual, cheers in advance

mix it in with your other food. im not sure abotu whether the dried stuff will br alright though.

Personally I think you would be better off using the crushed garlic, just a little in water and soak the food in that, strain it and feed it to the fish. You can get frozen brine shrimp & garlic from you lfs if the have a good selection of frozen foods. I use that its easier and less messy

you can get garlic capsules from health food shops which contain pure extracted garlic oil. Use a pin to make a little hole in one - then mix it into what ever you are feeding. Give it a minute or 2 to stand and then feed as normal.

By far the easiest way to supplement with garlic.

i have used a little from the shaker and the fish did seem to eat it although they struggled at first, i was thinking maybe it was a little too hard for them, but only a couple of the grains actually reached the bottom of the tank

I`ve used garlic in carp baits for years, I`ve found that the most attractive way to present it is in crushed form. If I were to feed it to my tropicals I would crush a clove and sprinkle a few pellets of granular feed to soak up some of the juices for a few minutes

I dont use garlic oil, it has been refined and it floats

If your fish will eat garlic every day I can see no problem in feeding it as often as you like, it is a natural vegetable extract

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back