Feeder Guppies

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

iobre8ks

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Would feeder guppies do ok in my 125 gallon tank? I found some that are very kool looking and was wondering how they would do in my 125 gallon tank. I think that they are almost the same thing as fancy guppies(correct me if i am wrong) but i have heard they are easy livebearers to breed and thought that it might be kind of fun to do and then sell them as tropical fish when they are bigger. Would this work? I can buy two dozen for four u.s. dollars. Is that a good deal? All advice appreciated.

Feeder fish are usually weaker, lower quality fish because they're not bred with the intention of them being pets - they're also kept in crowded conditions and can be ridden with disease. Was there any particular reason you wanted feeder guppies, or could you just get the regular fancy ones?
either way, make sure you have someone to sell them to once you've rbed them, otherwise you'll be stuck with hundreds of guppies cos tehy breed like rabbits!

I just saw some that looked really kool. I do plan on breeding fancy guppies also. Was just curious. I have two different places that will be willing to buy them off of me i am going to sell them to the place that i will get more money from.

Hmmmm

well, it's not something I'd do myself, but try it if you want! make sure you quarantine them before you add them to your tank though - obviously that's a good idea with all new fish but even more so with these.

I would definitely go for the feeders as a starting fish. They are extremely hardy and soooo spunky!!! :wub: I especially luv the little boys... so cute and they are always showing off to the girls! My fancy male is only interested in food. :rolleyes:

Most reactions

Back