Feather fin

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

thumps

Reaction score
Hi,
I've had my Syno now for about 6 months and it has grown well and feeds well. At the mo I keep him with 3 Jewels and 1 ram 'thing' haven't got as far as finding out what it is. I have decided to remove the Jewels and was wondering what else I can keep with the Syno. I have a 40 x 12 x 18" tank Jewel Rekord (I think)
Would the Syno be less shy with more Feather fin friends? He is active but a bit shy and likes to hide in my floating plants (there not meant to float but someone keeps up rooting them then he hides in them so I left them) He must be about 7 or 8" long just now so I assume I will have to get adult's?

Thanks for your help

Thumps

Introducing new Syno's can always be a problem, your current fish is likely to take offence and become aggresive to the new fish. I would leave him as he is, you have to remeber they are shy and elusive by nature mostly venturing out after dark.

Good Luck :)

Awww thats a shame I don't really like the fish to be honest but I LOVE catfish should have really thought about it better at the time!
Oh well never mind as long as he is happy.

Thanks

You can always nuy another type of catfish to occupy the tank as well, maybe a largish Pleco or Raphel.

Good Luck

I got my 4 featherfin's together, but when I got a new tank I split them into pairs....there is the odd bit of chasing from the dominant (larger) one in each tank, but they do seem less shy to me when there are more. Articles I read also said they were less shy in groups. Mine come out happily during the day, and at feeding time even come near the top....

Two of mine are in a 36" by 15" and seem to be fine.....maybe you could add a couple of young ones?? Are you planning on upgrading later?

They are fine together when added together but when ones is introduced to a tank and lives there for a while before the new fish arrives it can be bad. If you add a smaller one it often becomes and easy target. :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back