Extreme Makeover

Synirr

"No one is a failure unless you try"
Reaction score
The imbellis pair, for being so patient with me, have won a beautiful home makeover!! Before, their tank was bare-bottom with only a few plants for security because I was too lazy and tired to finish it, but now....
Bus driver, MOVE THAT BUS!!

DSCN7990.jpg

DSCN8008.jpg

We're so happy with the new sand flooring!
DSCN7992.jpg

We also adore the floating plants
DSCN8002.jpg

Oh thank you, thank you extreme makeover: tank edition!
DSCN8007.jpg

That ugly plastic cave and the fake plant in the middle are only in there until my LFS gets a new shipment of plants ;)

Wou. They are really extremely makeover!!! OLALA!!! Are you going to breed them?:)

yeeviabetta said:
Wou. They are really extremely makeover!!! OLALA!!! Are you going to breed them?:)
Yep, I'm planning on it in the future ^_^
They're such a sweet pair. Always together and never fight. If I make a sudden movement and the female gets frightened she goes to the male for protection!

That looks SO much better. Should be a nice setup when you get it just the way you want it. Have a good start right there.

How are they doing? They look so lovely. I can't wait until you breed them. :D

Kiarra said:
That looks SO much better. Should be a nice setup when you get it just the way you want it. Have a good start right there.

How are they doing? They look so lovely. I can't wait until you breed them. :D
They're doing really well, thanks for asking; especially with the new setup... they act like they LOVE it. They've been exploring it all night :D. They even act like they may be a little frisky :shifty:
The wood hasn't been soaked, so it will be releasing tannins which I'm sure will be good for them :thumbs:

Frisky is not a bad thing. ;)

They'll probably appreciate the tannins in the water. Might make them even more frisky.

Very nice... what kind of light do you have on that tank? I would suggest getting two compact flourescent bulbs (I believe they are made by Coralife). Those little plants would LOVE it and your fishs' colors would look amazing!

That's an awesome idea .......... Extreme Makeover, Tank Edition. They could make a show that goes from place to place to redo their tanks. If the person has a good set up, they could give it a face-lift, and if the set up has problems, they could fix it. If the tank is too small or whatever, they could set up a bigger tank, and hopefully educate the owners of the tank, and the viewers at the same time! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3fsh said:
Very nice... what kind of light do you have on that tank? I would suggest getting two compact flourescent bulbs (I believe they are made by Coralife). Those little plants would LOVE it and your fishs' colors would look amazing!
Are those the kind that screw in? If they are I'd have to get a whole new hood, so that's not happening :p
It has one florescent bulb right now.

Most reactions

Back