FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 Click here to enter! 🐰

Karen_2656

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
2c0fa6ed3f04113e4ac4141654857c44.jpg

WHAT HAS HAPPENED!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is hard to say from one photo but since the fish is a dwarf gourami, dwarf gourami iridivirus is the first thing that springs to mind. Symptoms of this include loss of appetite, discolouration, lethargy, bloating, sores and lesions on the body. You can see the fish properly - does it have any of those symptoms?

It is hard to say from one photo but since the fish is a dwarf gourami, dwarf gourami iridivirus is the first thing that springs to mind. Symptoms of this include loss of appetite, discolouration, lethargy, bloating, sores and lesions on the body. You can see the fish properly - does it have any of those symptoms?

Yes. He is also struggling to swim and isn't eating at all. Also, last week he looked young but this week he looks about 5 years old if that's possible and had grew a lot bigger compared to last week if that makes sense?! He is definitely bloated!! He also is starting to look like a pufferfish. Please help!!

It is beginning to sound like DGIV. Unfortunately, this is incurable so I'm afraid there is nothing you can do.

Dwarf gouramis are often infected with this disease when you buy them, and the infected ones die a few months after they are bought.

I'm sorry I can't be more optimistic for yuor fish.

It is beginning to sound like DGIV. Unfortunately, this is incurable so I'm afraid there is nothing you can do.

Dwarf gouramis are often infected with this disease when you buy them, and the infected ones die a few months after they are bought.

I'm sorry I can't be more optimistic for your fish.

Oh no [emoji27] Can any other fish catch the incurable disease?? [emoji24]

There is still some debate about whether other fish can catch it. Some say no, others say that other species of gourami are at risk. Some say cichlids like angelfish and rams are at risk. But apart from those, other fish aren't reported as catching it.

There is still some debate about whether other fish can catch it. Some say no, others say that other species of gourami are at risk. Some say cichlids like angelfish and rams are at risk. But apart from those, other fish aren't reported as catching it.

You were correct, he's dead [emoji24][emoji24]
Rest in peace [emoji24][emoji24]

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back