Egeria Densa

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

jimbooo

James flexton
Reaction score
Hi

I bought a load of plants last weekend after my co2 had been running for a foughtnight. Swords, anubas, Java Fern & Moss plus Egeria Densa pic

all the plants are growing well apart from the Egeria. after 2 days the whole plant went brown/beige and the leaves disintegrated leaving 10 stalks sticking up out of the gravel.

Why???

i have 1X 30W Triton tube and 1X 30W Arcadia marine white tube both with reflectors. Tank is a Juwel Rio 180 (40UKG). i know this isnt great but surely should be enough for Egeria.

fish :
13 Cardinal Tetras
6 zebra danio
6 celebes rainbow
3 Boesmani Rainbow
1 Swordtail
1 Angel
1 Pleco
1 Bala Shark
1 Sterbae Cory
2 red calw crabs

Attachments

• 40Gweb.jpg
    40Gweb.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 90
i had a similar thing happen to me with my rotala walaichii (dunno if the spelling is correct) and i attributed it to the temperature of my water, it was too high for the plant so it melted away my other plants were doing well also

getting on pretty well, but still early days. i took this pic last night after removing 2 foot of airstones from the gravel. got a bit carried away when i originally set it up.

i want to get some ricca for a lawn effect but i think i need a lot more light to make it worthwhile.

wow just realised, the pic at the top of this thread was taken 4 days prior to the one below, the CO2 seems to be working then...

Attachments

• 40G_rainbowsml.jpg
    40G_rainbowsml.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 64

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back