Eel Help

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

JawsA10

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
My snowflake has always eaten readily, but my G tile eel dosen't seem interested in the live foods I'm giving him. He doesn't even smwll them or anything. Is there a specific food they prefer? My snowflake dosen't care, he'll eat anything lol.

Help is appreciated

Jaws

They'll eat prawns, squid, mussels, pretty much anything. I would check on the salinity as this is usually what causes them to go on a hunger strike.

Ryan

That's seems a bit high for a G. tile depending on the size. How big is he? I've never heard of having an eel stop eating due to a salinity too high though. What is are your water stats?

Ryan

The ph is 7.8...I need to get it to 8.0 . Could I do this by raising the tank's salinity from 1.020 to 1.023 or 24?

Again, the eels sizes are: Snowflake = 10 inches G tile = 17 inches

Thanks

TBH i wouldnt go raising the salinity any more...yet
As for the pH, if you dot already have coral sand as your substrate, change it to that or add some net bags of coral sand to your filter,which will buffer the pH up...other than that, theres only chemicals which can be used...

I still cant coax him to eat shrimp or fish......idk why he isnt eating...ill add more hides.

Most reactions

Back