Dwarf puffer vacation/weekend feeding

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

fishtime!

Reaction score
Hello! I am currently setting up a 20 gallon (tall) planted tank. I was intending to get 6 dwarf puffers once the tank is cycled and my plants have grown enough, but I am often away on the weekends. I know that dwarf puffers tend to ignore dried food, I was wondering if anybody had recommendations for any method of automatic feeding if I'm away from the tank for a couple days. Would leaving a few snails in the tank be enough for them, as long as I make sure they are comfortable eating the snails before I leave? Or is the fact that I can't feed them on the weekend mean I can't get the puffers at all?

Thanks!

They will be fine, they are mini predators so likely wont eat the quantities we provide in a tank every day anyway. Good idea adding in some snails to be doubly sure but remember they only eat snails about the size of their eye so really small.

Wills

They will be fine, they are mini predators so likely wont eat the quantities we provide in a tank every day anyway. Good idea adding in some snails to be doubly sure but remember they only eat snails about the size of their eye so really small.

Wills
perfect - thanks so much for all the help!

Just feed them well for a week or two before you go and they can fast for a few days.

Do a water change and gravel clean, and clean the filter a few days before you go.

Don't add anything new to the tank in the 2 weeks before you go.

Feed them just before you leave and they will be fine.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back