Dwarf Gouramis And Kuhli Loaches

Zante

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I have 6 dwarf gouramis in my tank.

I added 6 kuhli loaches two weeks ago, and last weekend I found four of them in the filter. I went out and got a sponge to filter the intake, obviously the strainer was not enough...

Now I can only see on kuhli in the tank. Could the gouramis be making them disappear? I know kuhlis hide, but the one I see is quite lively and quite out and about, also I observe the tank a lot, to see if I can spot them, and for signs of breeding from the gouramis.

Also when I had the four in the filter the two left were both out and about, and when I put the four back in the tank I kept spotting at least three at a time.

Any thoughts?

I doubt the guarmis are eating them. kuhlis are strane fish at times. even things like the food you feed can determine their behaviour. the best way to bring them out is to add more kuhlis and add more hiding oplaces all over the tank so they always feel like there near safty

I doubt the guarmis are eating them. kuhlis are strane fish at times. even things like the food you feed can determine their behaviour. the best way to bring them out is to add more kuhlis and add more hiding oplaces all over the tank so they always feel like there near safty

Mmm... I guess I'll have to get more then, they have plenty of hiding places...

... Ok, thanks.

i have a group and they go through phases of disapearing or being really active.

i genuinly i feed mine a sinking tablet that i drop right at the front of the tank and they do come out more since iv started doing that

i have a group and they go through phases of disapearing or being really active.

i genuinly i feed mine a sinking tablet that i drop right at the front of the tank and they do come out more since iv started doing that

I've tried that, and I have spotted a couple, but the gouramis get at the sinking tablets and the kuhlis daren't approach. I guess they'll get bolder when I get another half dozen.

I suppose I could try dropping the tablets with the gourami's flake, they might not make a beeline for the tablets while they're picking at the flakes.

Kuhlis are stealth ninjas when adequate hiding spaces are lacking. Ironically, the more places they have to hide, the more they are out in the open. If they aren't in the filter and not jumped out of the tank, then they are still there. If you'd like, you can put some bottom feeder pellets out to attract them or very, very careful poke around with a dull stick. They are bound to be in there.

I have added another 6 this evening. Let's see if in a larger group they are braver.

They are out and about a lot more.

It is actually quite funny to see the DGs go for them and then veer away.
You can imagine them thinking "whoa... That looked A LOT smaller!" :D

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back