Duh! I Have Forgotten It's Name?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Phishy25

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Bought a stunning fish today which looks like a golden ram, but has a shorter almost totally round (like a lollypop) body and long angel fish like fins. The guy did tell me it's name and now my mind has gone blank!!! :blink: Any ideas? Might be able to get a pic if it stays still.

Heres some pics:
fish024.jpg

with flash
fish025.jpg

thats a very nice fish :good: maybe a longfin golden ram? really dont know

you know I was looking at this fish(or one very similar) this morning on cichlidforum.com as i'm building my own db of Cichlids so was doing some research.
Now do you think i can find the thing or remember its name (well i did look at about a hundred Cichlids)

LOL :lol: us fish keepers have memories like our fish!!! I still can't remember what the guy at my LFS said :rolleyes: This little beauty was the last until they get a new stock in next week.

LOL :lol: us fish keepers have memories like our fish!!! I still can't remember what the guy at my LFS said :rolleyes: This little beauty was the last until they get a new stock in next week.

I don't mean to spoil your fun but it is always a good idea to quarantine the new fish so the old fish won't be a risk to catch any illness the new fish may have. -_- I know it doesn't happen all the time but I sure were glad that I did put the new fish in the quarantine tank when I bought some Latino Neon about a month ago. They developed those nasty white spots after a few days. Obviously I treated them with ick medicine and I am glad to say that thanks God for the quarantine tank.

BTW, your fish looks like selective bred golden ram. Sometime called "ballon Ram".

Yeah that's a Balloon Ram. I have a couple and theyre pretty cool. Some people say they're mutants and cannot swim well and all that like those crazy goldfish monsters, but mine seem to do fine.

I noticed that yours seems to have reddish looking gills, and one of mine does too. Does your fish seem to be sick at all? I was afraid that mine had some sort of illness because she had the same looking gills but she seems alright so far.

Yeah that's a Balloon Ram. I have a couple and theyre pretty cool. Some people say they're mutants and cannot swim well and all that like those crazy goldfish monsters, but mine seem to do fine.

I noticed that yours seems to have reddish looking gills, and one of mine does too. Does your fish seem to be sick at all? I was afraid that mine had some sort of illness because she had the same looking gills but she seems alright so far.

Yup balloon ram, I have always found them hardier than regular rams.

yep definetly a balloon ram, they sell these all the time around here, i was thinking of getting a few, but didnt know much about them, cute looking aren't they :rolleyes: :blush:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back