duckweed

Alice B

Fish Herder
Reaction score
somehow, I guess on my hose, duckweed got in my hex tank. How do you clean your python to remove all bits and not share it?

not really an answer to your question, but, I won't use Lemna Minor ( common Duckweed ) in my tanks anymore... ( I was growing it for Tilapia feed ) but have start growing Spirodela polyrhiza ( Giant Duckweed ) & find that is easier to contain... still reproduces like crazy, but it's 4-5 times bigger than the Common, & thus easier to contain

or possibly run some chlorine water or hydrogen peroxide through to kill anything left in the vac ( I was considering this myself, as I have multiple tanks... one of which got Ich ( did not want to spread that to my other tanks ), but I ended up buy multiple vac's & hoses, so I have one for each tank

this is common duckweed, came in with a plant, which didn't live, in the 55, and now I have to get out of the hex. Will rinse hose after. Thank you

somehow, I guess on my hose, duckweed got in my hex tank. How do you clean your python to remove all bits and not share it?
I think I spent about 15 to 30 minutes picking out duckweed from one of my tanks the other day. I think there's a few bits still floating around but they hid before I could take them out.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back