Ds, Wii, Psp Or Ps3?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Betta5

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Well I am stuck in which to buy, I have always been an nintendo boy i have the colour, advance, SP and i got bored really quick of them. I only got them for pokemon (dont laugh they are good). I think i would do the same with the DS. My brother has the Wii but i doubt he would let me use it much. I played it a bit but i wasnt really grasped by it. Now the PS3 seems good to me, as i like the games and if i did get bored with them then you have the movies and songs etc, but i wouldn't have a clue how to use the internet on it.

Can anyone help me, what are your opinions on them are they all good? or is one better?

THanks

UMD movies are region locked. Games are not. The psp2 (which you might as well wait for) is £120, smaller, better battery and you can hook it up to a TV for full screen goodies. Yes you do need to buy memory sticks.

If you have the money get a ps3 - if you don't need wireless and w/e take a look at the 360 as well, I have a DS and I love it btw

the Wii is terrible in my experience, you will be bored of it within 2-weeks... shocking graphics on most games, like an old fashioned computer LOL

Personally I am all Wii. Instead of "getting uber graphics", I would rather play a game completely revolutionary in contolls. Wanna play a first person shooter game? Well, pick up the Wii Remote, point, and shoot! Nintendo's really big games haven't come out yet and I can't wait. I already pre-ordered Super Smash Brothers Brawl, Mario Galaxy, and Metriod Prime 3. When they come out they will dominate the market. Hands Down. Well...it already has...:lol:

I am a retro nintendo girl :D, I play the original nintendo more then any other system I have ever had. I do have the ds and the psp, I never use the psp.

I think i would get bored of the wii, i played bowling and it was good but just dosnt seem all what i was hoping it would be. Does anyone know if/when the psp2 is comming out?

Thanks

the games for Wii, though really really attractive, is limited. i would go with a ps3

I had another go on the wii, and its not that bad, i like the games the wii has too. Im so stuck its sort of between the wii and psp(2) now. Maybe i could get the wii and wait for the psp2? im really confused, i want pokemon pearl though. Maybe i will buy them all!!!!

I think it depends what you want really. If you want something thats not too expensive, thats a laugh, then go for the wii, however I think its only really good when playing with a few people. The other cheapish option are the psp's, good for playing alone and when wireless with friends, problem is no internet play. Then theres the PS3 which is good cos you can play with people (which IMO/E is the best way of gaming now) whenever you want, and the games are great. I would go with the xbox 360 though, I had one (well two, both of which broke which was annoying, but the waranty lets you take em back so its ok) and its great cos there are loads of ace games, which are online multiplayer, and it isnt £400 odd for the basic model...I bought a PSP too, its really god and I would reccomend it, allthough I cant do without my online play so Im getting a 360 again lol.

Mike

I own a psp, its nice but playing more than an hour or so can get a little boring. If you travel a lot it would be a good choice. The games are decent, movies look good. There's also a whole scene where you can run homebrew, play nintendo, genesis, snes games. Convert dvds to psp video. etc. They are working on a GPS unit in the US. That will be a nice feature. I'd only buy it for the games, mp3 player and picture viewer. A portable dvd player seems like a better choice for movies.

I played my Ds for 1 week then got bored , so decided to buy the Wii.
got bored after a month or so, due to media lacking and games.
so bought the ps3.. and I think its superb, online games are so fun, especially fight night 3
and backwards compatibility is also very good, also upscales the videos/games on HD tv (lucky me) :p

Not having any of them (although my sister has a DS, which I don't really like because it's big and a bit unwieldy), I'd say Wii, mainly because I believe you can download games from any other Nintendo format to play on there. If that's the case, then you've got a whole host of absolutely fantastic N64 games- Zelda, Mario, Banjo Kazooie, etc. Plus the Wii is very cheap compared to most similar consoles.

Most reactions

Back