Downtime this morning!

andy

Reaction score
Hi,

unforunately the server hosting tropical fish forums went effectively bang at around 00:09 GMT this morning.

It appears that the RAID Controller (which is designed to ensure that if one hard disk in the server went bang no data would be loss), itself experienced problems, which is what brought the server down.

There was some data corruption, which we believe has been restored, but due to the worry that continuing to use that server might cause further problems.

As such we've loaded the data for the forum, onto another server, which will be used until we're confident that the server is 100% again.

The new server is of identical specification (P4 Xeon 2.6GHz/1GB RAM/RAID 1 disks), so there should be no performance issues.

We're working toward ensuring that the forum will not experience such issues again, or at least ensuring it doesn't result in a 13hr outage!

Please let me or william know if you have any problems,

thanks

Andy

Thanks for all the hard work you all do keeping this site running. Glad you got it back up. Was beggining to suffer from withdrawal symptoms :lol:

Yeah ditto, you guys do a good job, thank you! And Happy Birthday William!!!!! 19.....blimey :p Getting on a bit!!

Sarah

Hi andy :)

It's always good to see you post here because it means a problem has been fixed. Good work! :clap:

just add my thanks andy for a speedy recovery
at least this time it wasn't 3 days :thumbs:

Whew... *wipes brow* I almost had a nervous break-down there. I literally checked the site every 5 minutes yesterday to see if it was back up. :look: Finally gave up on it and lo-and-behold it is up and running again this morning! Woohoo! :thumbs: Thanx guys!

I hate it when the forums down. I casually moseyed over to the PC last night thinking "hmm, I'll check in on the forum for a few" and it was gone...then I become obsessed like I'm dying to be here even though I have no particular mission :p :rolleyes:

Good job,Andy.

Ah, we are in good hands and can breathe easier coz of it. A big thanks from us all. Without our daily dose of TFF, who knows what would happen :)

Oh man, I was so lost without the forum, I wound up on garden web :sick: I was so distraught I couldn't even write an antiwalmart reply properly.

I felt so alone

I was stressing that there was sometin wrong with my computer until i learned the server was down, few!! :D :D :D

Opcn said:
Oh man, I was so lost without the forum, I wound up on garden web :sick: I was so distraught I couldn't even write an antiwalmart reply properly.

I felt so alone
OMG! you couldn't write an anti-Walmart report? :blink: :eek: That must be a first! :lol:

I thought it was our internet server...or something had blocked the site or something!

A TFF free world would be a scary one.

:lol:

Big thanks and well done in gettng it up so fast! :thumbs:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back