The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Jebbwardo

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I bought 2 ballon rams a few days ago and one died today and one yesterday i know for sure it's because there genetically enhanced to have the bigger body which messes there swim gland up because they just kept floating to the bottom! I have a lot of other fish in the tank which have been fine for a long time and also have Bolivian rams and German blue rams for quite a long time and they have been perfectly fine. Has anyone else had ballon rams and noticed there just not right.

I agree, it's a deformity they breed in, just like balloon mollies, it's just not right. If you want one that's not the standard kind, go for long fin they are pretty!

Jebbwardo said:
I bought 2 ballon rams a few days ago and one died today and one yesterday i know for sure it's because there genetically enhanced to have the bigger body which messes there swim gland up because they just kept floating to the bottom! I have a lot of other fish in the tank which have been fine for a long time and also have Bolivian rams and German blue rams for quite a long time and they have been perfectly fine. Has anyone else had ballon rams and noticed there just not right.

Well it just goes to how you take care of them.  I have taken care of parrot cichlids which have the same problems. no problems for 4 years.

Majority of Genetically altered fish die within a year of purchasing. well it happens.

Also depends on their tankmates

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back