Doh...how Do I Attach My Background?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Cheffi

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Okay call me thick but I'm nearly there setting up my first tank, but how am I supposed to attach my background to the tank? It goes on the outside, that much I know but I didn't think to ask how to fix it there. I thought it was like those peel off and stick things. :blush:

Okay call me thick but I'm nearly there setting up my first tank, but how am I supposed to attach my background to the tank? It goes on the outside, that much I know but I didn't think to ask how to fix it there. I thought it was like those peel off and stick things. :blush:

I have a black background and have just taped it round the edges with sticky tape like my LFS told me. Just make sure that it's completely flat and taut.

You normally attach it with some silicon to the inside of the tank before adding water. Failing that, attach it to the back outside of the tank (like I had to do with my first tank as I forgot, duh) -_-

I fixed ours outside using a small roll of black electrical tape. It's never come unstuck - and as its the same colour as the silicone joints / edging you cant even tell its there.

My 2 cents worth anyway :fun:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back