Does my male betta look sick?

KoppeKatxx

Reaction score
Male halfmoon betta in 10 gal tank. Tank is cleaned once a week. Just wondering does my betta scales and his tail look alright? He’s been exhibiting some odd behaviors recently… ex-going up to this statue in the tank then jumping/twitching off of it. I don’t have a video of the actually occurrence, but these are photos of him! I’ve been thinking of buying him “Parzipro”. His appetite has not changed.

Attachments

• IMG_7922.jpeg
    IMG_7922.jpeg
    307.2 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_7921.jpeg
    IMG_7921.jpeg
    268.7 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_7920.jpeg
    IMG_7920.jpeg
    262 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_7919.jpeg
    IMG_7919.jpeg
    285.3 KB · Views: 16
I’ve been thinking of buying him “Parzipro”. His appetite has not changed.

What is the appetite problem? What are you feeding him at the moment ?

From these pictures he looks great.

Don't worry too much about an happy betta doing "dumb" things.

They can behave like real fruitcakes from time to time. Jumping out the tank, attack you, bully anything in sight, engage in mock fights.

Mine is hurting himself all the time. ragged fins, scratches on the forehead, bloated right eye, lost of scales, always some mucus patches etc...

They are violent by nature and can become frustrated and go on total rampage.

All healthy behaviours. Keep temperature high, Clean acidic water, no overfeeding.

As long as they are going strong, The crazier the better.

What is the appetite problem? What are you feeding him at the moment ?

From these pictures he looks great.

Don't worry too much about an happy betta doing "dumb" things.

They can behave like real fruitcakes from time to time. Jumping out the tank, attack you, bully anything in sight, engage in mock fights.

Mine is hurting himself all the time. ragged fins, scratches on the forehead, bloated right eye, lost of scales, always some mucus patches etc...

They are violent by nature and can become frustrated and go on total rampage.

All healthy behaviours. Keep temperature high, Clean acidic water, no overfeeding.

As long as they are going strong, The crazier the better.
Nothing wrong with his appetite! He’s a very good eater. Usually feeds him pellets, micro pellets, color changing pellets, dried brine shrimp, frozen brine shrimp. Flakes (he’s having a hard time chewing those at the moment). Daphnia, and on occasion bloodworms.

My main fear is him having some kind of internal parasite, because I never treated him for any kind (precaution) when I got him (Petco). And I would have a peace of mind treating him now, just in case.

Don't do that. your betta is top shape. His belly looks perfect. the scales are beautiful.

Rags are normal on long finned bettas. If he is hungry every morning. And does not bloat or shrink with time.

Don't overfeed. your on the edge. If you are suspecting your betta to be constipated. feed Some pieces of tinned peas without the peel after a day of fastening.

Scrap the dried stuff for a while. low amount of High protein small pellets and frozen bs and bw many times a week.

But his comportment is normal and he looks great.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back