Does Anyone Else's Partner Surprise Them.....

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Snowbrumby

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
My Hubby has surprised me with two 'fish' gifts so far - one bag of gravel the first time and 6 Danios the second time. Just wondered if anyone else's partner does things like this? :D :) :D

well you saying that, i just started putting fish in my tank from friday, one died from dropsy last nigh :-( but my partner is going away next week to the west midlands where he might be near this big fish store and he knows i'm after a betta so lets see what happens aye! lol

yeah I did it to my girlfriend. I bought her a 29 gal tank and a bunch of fish too. this would have been ok if I had researched the whole ordeal first

hmm you might want to get a smaller tank if you get a betta. I'm not sure about this so don't h0old me to it but I have heard that a large tank will tire the fish out or something. just make sure you research before you buy anything. :D
secondly make sure that you don't put the betta with any really pretty fish with flowing fins like guppies because he will get jealous and kill them

Other than the 5 zebra danios everyone is doing very good thank you for asking

btw I bought them for her but as you can see I ended up doing all the leg work of making sure they stayed alive. well definitly not all the leg work because she has to feed them and do water changes and tests so i guess aside from research she is doing all of the leg work

@ Torrean there are 2 schools of thought o that one

1- Betta's are not social fish, the are not good for large tanks as they tire, because of there finnage they cannot deffent themselves etc etc

2- Betta's are a good social fish (1 male per tank exception, female communal) and do well in peacful tanks.

I belong to the second school of thought by experience. I have a male Veil tail that has more personality than all my other fish put together. He may actually be a multiple personality disorder but hey they say pets resemble their owners right :rofl: . In a betta tank he just sits there and blows bubble nets looking bored, but in my 40 Gallon he hides in the hole in my sunken battleship (when the BN's not in there), hides behind rocks, swims the top of the tank, rides the current produced by my filter down a plastic slide floating on the surface, swims back the other end and does it again anything he can find to have have a bit 'o fun

But as with most other fish its probably got as much with individual personality as anything else!

Katchan

I definitly did not mean she should get a little bowl and stick him in it. I think that's sorta cruel. I was thinking a ten gallon or a 5 at the smallest. thanks for expanding on my limited knowledge btw

Oh Goody, so my Hubby's not the only one who does it :D
I also would like to get a Betta, now I know more about them - just trying not to let Hubby know as I would like to pick my own one this time :) - he is so sweet, he'd probably bring one home for me if he knew I wanted one and saw one :D :D :D

I just realised that shnookina and snowbrumby aren't the same person. The cat avatar's had me a little confused. guess i should read the names huh.

BTW snowbrumby you oughtta look at the betta forum iI think it would be a good place to start if your planning on getting one.

Torrean, sorry mate didnt mean to sound like I was havin a go at you (cause I wasnt :*) ) It was just a general post to all, but stated to you (cause you said the original comment) for all's info.

Katchan

PS BTW if it sounded like my betta doesnt have much a personality, even though I said he has more than than the rest of my fish put together, heres some of the personality's in my tank's

1. A small-medium angel willing to have a go at fish more than twice his size, due to his success his named Serial Killer

2. A Pair (male/female) 3 spot gourami's that are either swimming in formation male lead, female just behind to the side or he's chasing the hell out of her trying to keep her inline :rofl: (the normal is 3 laps)

3. A RTBS that what you see of him 1/2 the day is his red tail hanging out the back of a hollow log, when his not just sitting in there he likes to practice his precision swimming in and out of the hole on top of his log, just small/big enough to get through without touching it.

These are just the main fishies that make themselves known

Hi Torrean, I had looked at the Betta forum on the weekend, thank you, as I had be told something by a lfs guy when I was a kid and had believed him and it wasn't until I found this site recently I realised that this guy wasn't quite right and that I could actually own one without keeping it in a little tiny tank - I think the thread is still there somewhere, I was so happy to find out the truth :)
As for the kitten, I couldn't find another avatar that I liked and don't know how to upload my own like the others do :D

katchan sorry didn't mean to sound offended I just wanted to let you know that I wasn't suggesting a tiny bowl.

Snow: it's very easy to load an avatar all you have to do is find a picture that you like that is smaller than 21 kb (i think) That's actually the hardest part. Then click on your name in one of the forums, then near the top it will say avatar options (I assume you know this much since you have an avatar already) click on avatar options. Then near the bottom it will say

Enter a URL to an online avatar image (Restore)
or
Upload a new image from your computer (browse)

get a pic that you like onto your computer then click browse
find the pic and add it by double clicking on it. Then click update my avatar at the bottom of the screen

I hope this made it easier and not more confusing. =)

Thanks for the info Torreans :) Now to find a pic less than 21kb, that will be the trick :) I'll go and have a look and see how I go thank you.
I'll let you know how I go :D :D

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back