DIY Plywood Aquariums

The original tank is still up and running holding water. I no longer own it however, I sold it several years back. I have since made two other tanks, one with Ames Research Blue Max and one with an epoxy. Both hold water well.. I'm not wild about the ames products due to color... drab grey and light blue don't really do it for me in the aquarium. If I were to choose to build I new one I would go for the cheapest route with decent color.. Liquid Rubber.. I believe Perma Dri makes this. Here are some pics of the current setup. You can see the plumbing setup as well as the felt pads I used for spacers between the glass and the wood so that the silicone would not get pushed out completely.

002-3.jpg

100_3330.jpg

103_0008.jpg

103_0133.jpg

Copyof103_0144.jpg

Yeah, I actually stumbled on this thread again after doing a google search for my original thread on the build. Someone had asked me about Ames products. Figured I'd share since someone asked for updates even though I've not been active on the board for 5 years or more.

Welcome back, nice post with the pictures & all! Good to see that the tank is holding up well more than 5 years later.

Welcome back, nice post with the pictures & all! Good to see that the tank is holding up well more than 5 years later.

Thanks, I won't be staying however. Found forums to be less than enjoyable when it comes to fishkeeping lately. Am retiring from all aquatics boards. Feel free to take whatever you can from the update.

Most reactions

Back