Discus

Coral platy

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi. as you all know i got some discus yesterday. Well today i was looking at there health. as you do. and i saw a discus`s eye was cut at the top. I mean a chunck out of it. Will this grow back round again?
Thanks for your help.

James

Hi there.
I'm not an expert on discus but my cichlid had a cut on her nose and was missing a chunk of skin and that grew back. You can get a special balm to put in the tank to speed up the healing process but I don't know the name of it. The lfs woud though. Good luck. :thumbs:

During wound is not incured by a bacterium or fungus hence the the wound can heal but cannot be convalesce like previously.
At wound case at eye which is because of other;dissimilar fish attack or the effect of quarrel, generally end in blindness, because wound generated by in the form of wound is scar, not cutting smooth.
Will be better if you give drug of anti fungus which is made available in your place, if you assure nothing;there is no fungus hence you can give antibiotic at ill fish tank.
Install heater at temperature 32 degree Celcius.
Hopefully succeed....
This only my experience which possible good for you

You can see the cut know my camera works. It is at the top of the eye. Also would melafix clear it up. Or give it some vitamins in its food?

James

Attachments

• DSCF0056.JPG
    DSCF0056.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 61
Keep water quality in tip top condition, and add some melafix like has been suggested and it should heal, fish can heal themselves if they are healthy and kept in good water quality.

oh. take a breath. I thought it would have that for the rest of its life. Thank you very much and i will go for some melafix in a few days.

James

Most reactions

Back