Determined To Sort Algae

How you getting on?

Sorry, only just seen your question.

The small tank seemed to be making progress, but not a lot in the big tank.

On Christmas Eve, I had a big change-around in the big tank, I removed the gravel, and put in black sand, and bought 4 new plants (Crypt Willisii, Crypt Becketti, Echinodorus Bleheri and Ludwigia Peruviana), and whilst the tank was empty, I gave it a good scrub. As you know, there was already some vallis, which is back in, and I also had some Java Moss, a couple of Lobellia Cardinalis, and a Dwarf Sword (can't remember the scientific name), that just wouldn't take root in the old gravel, so I'm hoping to rescue them, but if not I can replace them.

I'm hoping the additional plants will outcompete the algae, and so far (10 days or so further on) there's no significant algae growth. I have dropped the EasyCarbo and TPN+ dosage. There's a photo in TOTM for January.

Having been inspired by how much better the big tank looks, I stripped down the small tank about a week ago, added a Ludwigia Arcuata, and again, a good scrub. THere's a couple of bits that I missed at one side, but it again looks miles better.

Cheers! :good:

And I found a LFS that sells TPN+ - not particularly L, but certainly within reach whenever I run out.

cool
good.gif

Most reactions

Back