Desperately Need Albino Clawed Frog Info

the frog will be just fine in a bare tank until you can get some sand. I think petco/petsmart may sell white, black and blue sands if you want to mix it up.

Cutting each worm in half should be just fine, and 2 worms will probably work well for a meal. The thing with these frogs - they will eat until they get sick! just because he is still looking for food, doesn't mean he needs the food! they are pigs! Frogs can eat themselves to death so it is up to you to feed him in moderation - he won't stop when he is full.

The petsmart here has black sand but its around 25-30 dollars, thats why I have to wait. With the meds for the fish and the amount of money I had to spend to replace food that spoiled from the blackout last week. I'm really tight this month.

Good to know that I will need to watch how much the frog eats. I have to do the same thing with spear (my betta) so it shouldnt be to hard to handel. I'll probably mix the diet around with different things each day. Maybe a guppy as a treat once a week if I ended up having lots (right now.. doesnt seem to be happening though lol) or would that be a bad idea? If so I'll stick with the worms and pellets.

for feeding it is better to feed adults only every other day. And a guppy is not bad, but it is like having a twinkie for us - yummy but not very nutritional! Still ok for a treat and the frog will have fun hunting it down!

yea their sand can be ridiculous - look for a 5 lb bag instead of the huge bags. it should be cheaper and its really all you need.

can't wait for pics of the new frog! I have a feeling you are going to give him a very good home!!! If you do decide you want some plants let me know, I am going to be doing some mailings around Tuesday next week and it will be no trouble to include some wisteria for you. (and its so cheap, don't worry about money - I can cover it!) I will do some trimmings in an envelop for you, then when you get them just lightly rinse them and trim off any leaves that may have turned brown and toss it in the tank - it grows like crazy! lol. I bought one piece last year at the end of the summer. It has grown to cover my 72 gallon with a thickness of 3", I have ripped off chunks for all of my ten gallons, given it to my future mother in law for her 20 gallon, given it my future sis in law for her betta tank and it is in my little sisters betta tank.

It grows so crazy that every month I am tossing away huge handfuls lol. I always leave it floating and have had great growth results

In my juvie axies tank:
002-13.jpg

in my 72:
005-13.jpg

007-16.jpg

In my froglet tank
IMG_20110208_092926.jpg

012-22.jpg

tadpole tank
121.jpg

My sister's betta tank
IMG_20101201_133930.jpg

all that is from one clipping in less than 9 months!

I'm very excited :) I already told my mother if my brother backs out now I'm still going to have to get one. I've fallen in love with them before even having one of my own!

I'm hopefully going to the lfs today, if not then I am tomorrow. I still havent heard from my brother either, now I'm trying to ask his wife if he's still switching to gold fish and still no reply. Grr they work to much! His job randomly gives him days off so I'll never know exactly when he's going to drop them off.

I would only give a guppy once a week so he could have some fun, I have a piece of log in my 60 gallon that looks a little like a cave when sat up right. Would be perfect for the frog! Just need how to get all the snails off it. That will be tricky. But then I'mm need something to replace the log in my 60 gallon lol. So many different options to go with! lol.

The images you posted were deleated from photobucket before I could see, sorry.

have no idea why they came up as deleted considering they are still in my photobucket lol.

ill go fix the links

fixed - - something happened to my photobucket account and now every post I have ever posted form this photobucket is now filled with "deleted from photobucket" even though the photo is still there on my photobucket account!:angry:

grr

Wow! They do grow a lot! I wonder whats causing your photos to do that? Thoes are some great photo shots too, is there anything special you have to do for the plants?

sorry, missed the last questions, but I had stated previously that these plants grow with out any extra care. :good:

Any update on the frog?

My brother is being well... I cant say it on here. But he's mad at me because I allowed a friend of mine to move in and he was the only one that didnt know about it (he ignored me so oh well) and he's only told me that he's going to bring it over when he wants to -_-

I really want to slap him.. I'm starting to think his wife is trying to convince him to keep it.. which makes me mad not because I've been trying to figure out how to care for it but because I know even if I told them everything I learned they will ignore me.

But if he does decide to keep him i'll be sad because I want him! :-(

Aw I am sorry, you definitely seem like you would make a great ACF owner!!! hopefully it works out for you!!

Thanks, I was just talking to my bf about it. Now he's making me wait until after college to get one if my brother wont hand over his. Life can be so unfair sometimes, but I see his point for waiting for long. It's probably bad enough I have a 4 foot aquarium I'm taking with me! Or at least going to try to.

So eventually I will have one either way.. and if my brother does hand him over, then my bf is just going to have to deal with me having another tank ^_^

lol....my fiance was anti tanks at all when we first moved in together, finally relented and let me have a ten gallon...which evolved into a 29 gallon, which turned into him surprising me for christmas with a 72 gallon :hyper:....and in between that a few more 10 gallons have wiggled in also lol

Sounds like me! Lol. For a good 4 months last year I stared at a beautiful 60 gallon tank at petsmart. Then my family decided to surprise me with it for christmas. Since then I got a 10 gallon for the 2 tester goldfish that was suppose to be rehomed but friend canceled on me. But then I wanted guppies.. so I got yet another 10 gallon.. But then I wanted a betta so I got another 10 gallon! (actually the betta chose me.. in a funny way at petsmart, I wasnt planning on getting him but I couldnt resist!)

Eventually the goldfish will be going to my brother (that was our deal anyway) and mom will be taking the guppies when it's time for college. I'll have to downsize on my bettas tank eventually but he'll be fine. But now I'm not allowed to have any more lol.

Most reactions

Back