Decorating ideas please

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

mtdewlover

Reaction score
I just got my 55 gallon tank. It is cycling as we speak. :D It is going to be a planted cichlid tank. I know wish me luck :/ Anywho I need ideas on how to decorate this sucker! So far I have the florite gravel which is a red, orange, brown color and a big grey tree stump. The tree stump is really cool. Any other ideas would be great! Or if you have pictures of tanks like this or know where I can go to get ideas.

I would go with lots of rockwork. Maybe you could do it like freshmikes tanks. Thats how i think im going to do it but without the plants because they would dig them up and eat the.

If you want an African cichlid tank you need lots of rocks built into caves. The more caves, the better. I also have some plants in my cichlid tank, but I have to replace them often - the fish look at most plants as a salad bar - but then, I like the look of plants next to the caves - they act as curtains to the entrance :)

Is it one of those fake stumps like at petsmart? If so, COOL! I've seen a tree stump and a tree stump with roots.

Most reactions

Back