Dazed and info overload

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

aqulung

Reaction score
Well guys I am rolling up the sleeves and going to try my luck @ freshwater fishing.

I bought a used 110-gallon tank the other day...that was the easy part. I like the idea of getting the Magnum 350 deluxe pro for 3 reasons. Its quiet has a bio wheel and you can vac into the filter. The neg. is it only does 350 gph. I feel this will short me the 4 changes per hr. I did see a filter I think it was called oceanclear, which would give me all I want.... but it looked like an industrial filter and didn't look like it would be very quiet. Anyone have suggestions on a quiet filter setup?

Also I am looking for a professional opinion on lighting. Since I have a deep tank, 48 x 18 x 30, and I am going to have a lot of plants what type of wattage should I get? I have been leaning towards compact lighting. I saw a fixture on the net w\ 2 95 watt bulbs + 2 blue lights. But then again if I get hardy plants will two fixtures @ home depot 40w x 4= 160 watts. Will that be sufficient, using their plant bulbs?

Looking for suggestions for lighting also. Something that isn't too expensive but gives me a setup so I don't have to start all over again. I want to do this right the first time regarding the equipment.

Thanks In Advance

1 - 110 gallon tank
1 tank stand
no filters
no lighting
lots of patience

If the industrial filter is gonna be noisy as heck, you can always run two filters. While my pond is nearing completion, I have 2 baby koi (4") in a 20 gallon running two filters. I can't really help with the lighting as I don't have many plants at all, but you might also consider setting up a c02 system, if you haven't already.

What kind of cycling will you be doing?

Most reactions

Back