David Saxbys tank and tanks of the stars...

I don’t get those people.

Part of the fun of fish keeping, is maintaining the tanks. Those celebrities probably have people that do that for them.

If I ever get to be a millionaire (lol) I’m going to get a huge tank like that, but I’m doing it myself.

I don’t get those people.

Part of the fun of fish keeping, is maintaining the tanks. Those celebrities probably have people that do that for them.

If I ever get to be a millionaire (lol) I’m going to get a huge tank like that, but I’m doing it myself.
That is what I told my sister literally last night. She said "If I had tons of money, I would have a giant tank and someone to take care of it for me!" and I said "No way! The fun of a tank is taking care of it yourself!"

Exactly. Besides, if I’m rich, I probably won’t be doing anything else useful, lol.

Of course! "Change the water day" is like highlight of the week. Its when all the ideas I had for the week I act on...moving plants,trimming,cleaning the glass and filter. Then the coupe do grace- standing back as perfectly clear and untinted water is at its best with final fill up.
Like a classic car guy working on his car...

Of course! "Change the water day" is like highlight of the week. Its when all the ideas I had for the week I act on...moving plants,trimming,cleaning the glass and filter. Then the coupe do grace- standing back as perfectly clear and untinted water is at its best with final fill up.
Like a classic car guy working on his car...
Exactly!!!

If I had the money and could be bothered, I would have huge concrete ponds made and build a building around them so they were like an indoor swimming pool containing hundreds of thousands of litres. Then set one up with corals, another with South American fish like discus, dwarf cichlids and small catfish. Maybe one with Lake Tanganyikan cichlids and another would be a rainbowfish pond.

The ponds would have huge glass panels on the sides and a walk way around them so you could look at them from above and from the side and go swimming in them. However, I would probably pay someone to clean them because I would be busy counting my money :).

If I had the money and could be bothered, I would have huge concrete ponds made and build a building around them so they were like an indoor swimming pool containing hundreds of thousands of litres. Then set one up with corals, another with South American fish like discus, dwarf cichlids and small catfish. Maybe one with Lake Tanganyikan cichlids and another would be a rainbowfish pond.

The ponds would have huge glass panels on the sides and a walk way around them so you could look at them from above and from the side and go swimming in them. However, I would probably pay someone to clean them because I would be busy counting my money :).
You say "small catfish" as though having multiple, fully grown plecos in that sized "tank" wouldn't be absolutely incredible.

He is MD of a major marine aquarium company(s) so he has probably developed some of the items and got them at cost(free) his tank is also a bit of a test bed. I would have a big tank and fish room, somebody would run it with my help. If we could have tanks and do the water changes etc we would, after all we want to watch the fish

If I had all the money needed to live that lifestyle I’d have an aquarium with seahorses. And I would pay someone to come and look after them as they are to precious for me to practise on!

As bad as it sounds I would absolutely pay someone to maintain a tank of this size for me, I'd rather chill and enjoy the fish. And maybe clean the filter, I find that task to be oddly satisfyingly

If I had all the money needed to live that lifestyle I’d have an aquarium with seahorses. And I would pay someone to come and look after them as they are to precious for me to practise on!
A nano seahorse tank is doable. However, they are extremely sensitive, and would be considered “hard” to keep. :)

Most reactions

Back