Dart Frogs & Tree Frogs

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

BigbruiserAl

I ain't gettin on no plane fool
Reaction score
As sub title not aquatic but thought some people may be interrsted in them, some of my frogs

DSCF2187.jpg

DSCF2161.jpg

DSCF2131.jpg

DSCF1994.jpg

DSCF2119-1.jpg

DSCF1655.jpg

DSCF1633.jpg

Is it possible to keep these little frogs with larger amounts of water? I mean along the lines of having a 4" deep pool in their terrarium instead of a plate of water.

Is it possible to keep these little frogs with larger amounts of water? I mean along the lines of having a 4" deep pool in their terrarium instead of a plate of water.

Its possible for the dart frogs but not advisable. Some of the other breeders that have huge tanks have 5" rivers and waterfalls flowing through the tank. As long as the frogs can get out easily they should be ok however the risk is always there, they are not the best of swimmers.

I have wanted to do a riparium or paludarium with some tree frogs for a long long time but yeah they can't really swim think a frog doing doggy paddle.

I want those Leucs :lol:
I'm currently in the planning stage and have the Terrarium almost ready.
What are you using as substrate. have you got a false bottom to syphon off water from below.
Lovely PDF's M8
Regards
C

I want those Leucs :lol:
I'm currently in the planning stage and have the Terrarium almost ready.
What are you using as substrate. have you got a false bottom to syphon off water from below.
Lovely PDF's M8
Regards
C

You can have some soon..they are calling about 14hrs a day so ready to start breeding lol. substrate is 2" leca with 2" coconut husk then 2" eco earth topped with oak leaves. There is that many hidy holes on the leaf litter then feel safe all the time so never hide unless it bed time. Not a fan of false bottoms so there is 6" long bit of pvc pipe going through substrate with a cap on hidden in the litter. If needed i just pull the cap off and use a turky baster :)

Thats excellent M8. if they do settle down and breed for you I will surely wish to purchase a pair. So don't forget about me. :good:
In regard to the sub soil drainage pipe, can you explain in a little more detail about this aspect.
Regards
C

Very crude paint pic mate so you can get a better idea. This is my tree frog tank so the soil is thicker in the dart tank. It really simple as running this hidden pipe through the grund make sure it has a top on and no one will ever know. No need for heaters and pump under the floor :)

DSCF1606-2.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back