Danno's Nanos And Pico Journal

But why do it

With a bit of patience the cycle would have been finished soon & the tank would have been 'Ready' for livestock

My last reading is 3 days old. I just did a test and this is what it says:

| 4/08/07 |
80 Degrees (F)
Ammonia - 0.00ppm
Nitrite - 0.00ppm
Nitrate - 10.00ppm
pH Level - 8.4
Specific Gravity - 1.022

Don't jump to conclusion please

I would probably cycle with black mollies they are way cheaper than Damsels. Plus the damsels are a pain in the lower back to catch and if you can't catch them they get agressive. My black mollies made it throught the cycle with no problems and then I gave them to my cousin.

I would think about painting the back of your tank to hide all the wire and stuff. I personally used blue spray paint it was like 3$ at the depot.

Have fun dude!!!

Don't black mollies require a long acclimation period before they can be added to the tank? Or are we talking about diffrent mollies. I was going to start a thread and ask because I want to keep livebearers in my tank but i'm not sure if its a good idea.

I herd that once Mollies go brackish/marine they can't breed.

Over the weekend I bought a Maxi-Jet 600 powerhead to increase the flow, added (2) 25 watt heaters instread of my 100 watt heater which was overheating the tank to 82 degrees. That and I added a Coralife digital thermometer and might I add that it is the best thermometer ever! B) I also added a black background.

Here is my now diatom ridden tank

1smallap3.jpg

2smallyh1.jpg

Im going to add a phosphate remover tomarrow.

Tada, my tank has finally cycled the first week. Water tests passed!

Here is my second week fish. I present to you..a Damsel! I plan on trading this guy in for a more expensive fish later on. He has a funny shaped mouth though. It's almost like he has lips on his tiny mouth. Plus he is eating my hair algae! Cha-ching!

1smallnl2.jpg

2smalltp7.jpg

I herd that once Mollies go brackish/marine they can't breed.
Long ago my saltwater mollies bred so prolifically that I was considering a mass culling via feeding to Oscars!

The damsel is very pretty. I've always missed my guy; but I'm thinking of getting a small group for one of my new tanks. They form very interesting harems.

In your first post you mentioned you used a 100w heater... doesn't that seem a bit much for a ten gallon tank? And you said it gets cold sometimes? :crazy: Maybe you should replace the heater...

In your first post you mentioned you used a 100w heater... doesn't that seem a bit much for a ten gallon tank? And you said it gets cold sometimes? :crazy: Maybe you should replace the heater...

No no. I got a 100 watt heater originally because it gets cold where I live. Heh. Im getting a constant 78.5 degrees with two 25 watt heaters. Working peachy now :fun:

I have identified my little "bugs"

One of my pieces of live rock have "Amphipods" on it. Luckily it is the friendly kind.

amhipods_02_LRG.jpg

photo from seahorse.com

No no. I got a 100 watt heater originally because it gets cold where I live. Heh. Im getting a constant 78.5 degrees with two 25 watt heaters. Working peachy now hehe.gif

But your last update said 80 degrees... :huh:

It was 80 degrees when I was awake but in my room it gets warm during the night. I went to get a glass of water one night and it was 84 degrees .. I freaked out and fixed it at two in the morning......

Lol. Glad that's okay, then. I like the piece of rock on the right, by the way. It's gnarly. ;)

Most reactions

Back