Danno's Nanos And Pico Journal

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

wait what is the 3 gallon for, just a little set up? love the ricordea, thinking about getting some myself. your tank is amazing

what are your stocking plans for it, i think a clown goby would be nice in there

They will be two individual tanks. The pico is for a diddy I have wanted to do for ages.

I was thinking this for my pico:

Two Pacific Nerite Snails
One Bumble Bee Snail
Two Nassarius Snails
One Scarlet Hermit Carb
One Yellow Clown Goby
...and as may frags I can get of corals.

i woundnt add a fish in a 3 gallon but otherwise it looks good

Well I changed my stocking....(went to the LFS) I am housing in my nano two nassarius snails, two black margarita snails, and a very small skunk cleaner shrimp. I decided to have a shrimp instead of a fish. I added one pound of live sand and five pounds of live rock. I am going to get picture of it up tomarrow, it's settling now.

Nano is getting better since the polyps and shrooms are getting more aclimated to my tank.

O I leave for a week and you get all this. Congratulations, tank is looking good. What pico tank did you get?

Got some updates and a burnt hole in my pocket..... :grr:

20 Gal:
Aquascaped the tank and added more coral. My Zo-Grandis is doing very wall and has sprouted some new polyps too. Added a Yellow Umbrella that is about five inches in diameter. Some cyano found itself a deadspot in my tank which I wasn't too happy about; another powerhead is on it's way here though to fix that.
1001328ce8.jpg

1001966wm3.jpg

100b1901su7.jpg

100b1910ig9.jpg

100b1951hn3.jpg

100b1982vz1.jpg

Jache and Jr!
1001320mediumyo2.jpg

Jache was picking his butt again.....

3 Gal:
It is finally all set. The live rock, live sand, and live water cycled the tank in a week. One black margarita snail is all that is in it at the moment. I have another black margarita along with 3 nassarius snails for it in my main tank at the moment. Going to purchase a small skunk cleaner for it...well...I already did but my other shrimp in my tank made friends with him. :lol: Still trying to figure out if a small skunk cleaner and a clown goby would be too much. It probably would.
100b2000yg2.jpg

100b1990ye3.jpg

Wow looks really good, the rock like that makes it look really big and the corals are nice.

IMO I would think a clown goby would actually be better than a shrimp. Before my shrimp got shell disease he was moving around all over the place, now that my goby is finally settled in he only swims on the bottom half of my tank in and out of the rocks since it is a goby after all and he doesn't swim a lot. Though it doesn't look like their is a lot of rock for one to swim in, in your tank so it's up to you.

Well it is about 5 pounds of live rock in there at the moment (doesn't look it but it is). I could always take a hammer to it and make rubble and thus create caves. Good point on the Shrimp vs. Goby decision!

I believe you, I have a little over 9lbs. in mine and it only comes up about half way, just have some heavy rock in there. That might work for the goby, I bought one piece of lr that had a lot of shelfs on it in a way I could see him when he went from shelf to shelf and that's where he spends a lot of time at. He spends most of his time going in and out of crevices so if you want one I would try to make some more some way or another unless you have some. I can take pictures of mine if you want if you want an idea. You might get yelled at for putting a fish in there but I think it would be fine as long as you just have snails in there.

a clown goby would be fine...you could put a pep. shrimp in ther too

Oh I know, people will holler and moan about a fish in three gallons but oh well, I think I can give it a good life in there. Heck I could do 50% water changes twice a week and it wouldn't be a big deal eather! At college I will have my own freezer so I will be able to keep frozen brine shrimp, daphnia, mysis, bloods, plankton, and various others so it can have a good diet.

I have a hammer in hand debating on to smash it or not :shifty: :edit:..not the tank!!! the rock!!

Most reactions

Back