cucumber

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

jhelen

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi

When feeding cucumber, can you leave it in the tank overnight??

thanks

the plec, but they all eat it

i usually take it out before going to bed though

oh i never heard of a plec eating cucumber lol where have i been, anyway i cant see why u cant leave it in there, i leave lettuce in my tank over nite nothign happens (except the fish eat it ) but i dunno why u would want to take it out>??? :no:

You can leave it overnight if you want to. If your fish are loving the cucumber why do you feel the need to take it away?

i dont know

They might gorge themselves on it and burst ..lol not really, i'm just a worrier

:lol: haha i worrie alot to but just odnt put a HUUUGE piece in there and they wont over eat !!! :D

i have
2Neon
Guppy
Gourami
Ram
2 Platty
Crab
would i be ok to put some in with them?

OOPS I'd best take it out then since i put the whole cucumber in

(joking)

:D

I am not too sure on that but i THINK so

my platys eat it

I dont have any of your other fish though

I give my little fishes a slice of cucumber every now and then. First I slice, and then I boil them to soften them up. I also leave the skin on to hold the slice/s together, but this is really up to you.

The bigger the chunk of cucumber the more chance it won't get eaten, and it'll go bad quicker in the heat of your tropical tank. This will pose a dangerous threat to your fishes if they eat decomposing food.

jaime007, I'm not sure you have any fishes that'll eat cucumber, but there's nothing wrong in giving it a try. However, your crab should enjoy it.

i'll take it out in the morning..if its still there

it's only a little chunk

A couple days old slices shouldn't be a problem. The most I've left is about two days, and by then the slices including the skins have been eaten.

Most reactions

Back