Corys

GuppyDude

Stephen
Reaction score
im not real big on corys and plecs but i keep both to maintain my tank and i love em for that :D iv got 2 corys and one if just a plain grey and another is grey with this kinda lepard pattern on him. i was wondering if theres a way to sex these guys? i dont plan on breeding them but just outa curiosity.

iv got a brownish orange pleco as well, how to i figure out it its a male or female?

id really appritiate sum help considering i cant find any out on the net :D

I know you can tell a bristlenose plec apart by the bristles on its face, Males have alot as they mature, females are very limited. But it may not be a bristlenose plec. Other then what i gave you i cannot help you lol i am sure Smith with drop a line sooner or later, then you will know! hes the guru ;)

GuppyDude said:
ok thanx, i dont gotta bristle nose :sad: hes just a common plec but hes got a great personality :D
If hes just a common pleco, your going to have to remove him from your 10gallon tank SOON! they get HUGE.

sounds like you have two different types of coryes, maybe 1 peppered + 1 julii?

the fmales are fatter but that won't apply seeing as you have two different types, you'd need more of the same species to compare with. in fact you need more cories anyway because tehy like to be in shoals.

you are feeeding them, right? not jsut making them scavenge? :unsure:

Hi GuppyDude :)

With only two corys, and those being of different species, you really haven't had a chance to see them at their best. :no: Corys are schooling fish and do best when kept in groups of three or more. It is then when their playful and endearing personalities become apparent.

Here's a link that will help you identify your corys;

http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog/calli...ra/g_thumbs.htm

I think you might have a C. aeneus (bronze) and a C. paleatus, aka, "peppered cory," so you might want to look at them first.

It's difficult to tell the genders of corys until they are mature. Then the females will be longer and wider than the males and will also have larger and more rounded ventral fins.

:D i accually was planning to get another cory, i was thinking and albino to complete my collection :) would the differant types school together?

clutterydrawer- i bought my plec and corys mainly for just maintaining the tank, the pleco eats a bunch of alge that grows in the rocks and on the glass ( which there is no shortage of ) he also nibbles on my plants a bit. my corys i leave scavage the bottom, the do an awsome job and thrive, i do throw extra food in for my gups so that the corys do have food but i dont like uuy them special pellets or anything.

thanx for all your hel guys :D

Most reactions

Back