Corys with Red/Fuzzy mouths

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

lizard

Married Lizard
Reaction score
Residing in a big city in Minnesota, but I'm a cou
Does it never end? I finally get the ich taken care of and add a couple more Corys. Now they're sick. I added four Corys on Monday. Three of them are dead and the fourth isn't looking too great, nor is one of my "original" Corys. The remaining new Corys has white "stuff" (not quite fuzzy, but definately not normal) on his barbels and mouth. One of my older Corys has a red mouth. Should I take 'em out and treat 'em with ??? Should I leave them in the tank and treat the whole tank for something? My brain is not cooperating - I can't remember what this is or what to treat with. I have malachite green here, I have some Maracyn or Maracyn II (can't remember), I have some Jungle Fungus Clear tabs.

Thanks all.

Pamela
aka Married Lizard :wub:

Update: I decided to move the three Corys to the five-gallon tank that the Betta lives in (but first I moved the Betta!). All the other fish in the 29-gallon look fine, so I didn't want to treat the whole tank. Anyway, I moved the three Corys, and added some Jungle Fungus Clear fizzy tab medication. Now I guess it's just a wait and see deal.

I checked params in the 29-gallon and they all checked out fine. Granted, my tests (Aq. Pharm. Master Test Kit) are over a year old, but they're all I have to test with. As for how accurate they are, I don't know. Ammonia and nitrite were both zero. Nitrate was around 10 (forget the units it's measured in).

Pamela
aka Married Lizard :wub:

The maracyn should do it. :nod:

I don't know exactly what the redness is. I am of the mind that it is an abrasian from the gravel or some other sort of physical damage.

If the water params are fine your tank may be overstocked thats why they got the fungus. It is normally caused by poor water conditions etc.

Most reactions

Back