Corydoras foods

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I'm thinking of switching from the Omega One Pellets to the New Life Spectrum Insectum formula I posted here.

I would not. The shrimp pellets are the crustacean food, the NLS is like bug bites, though I am sad to see more junk turning up in what was a reputable food.

I feed both regular pellets and the bottom feeder. I haven't really noticed a difference in the buoyancy.
Maybe we have different types then, I have the micro granules for small fish and they have distinct buoyancies.

Saddens me that unsuspecting fish lovers who don't have access or savvy to get advice like on this forum would be making purchases they think are in the best interests of their fish.

all my fish get this regularly ( look at the ingredients ) they also get as highly a varied diet as I can, but I feed this heavy enough, that my Cory's get enough... they love it, & are growing very quickly

Sword prawn, Jingou shrimp, Squid, Spirulina, Seaweed, Garlic, Corn, Soybean, Wheat germ

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
all my fish get this regularly ( look at the ingredients ) they also get as highly a varied diet as I can, but I feed this heavy enough, that my Cory's get enough... they love it, & are growing very quickly

Sword prawn, Jingou shrimp, Squid, Spirulina, Seaweed, Garlic, Corn, Soybean, Wheat germ
Thanks Magnum

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Bloodworms are an insect larvae, but not a healthy one for aquarium fish. Feed once a week as a treat, no more.

Frozen daphnia is superb. Shrimp, frozen or live. There are undoubted other similar foods. What is in the ingredients, and the protein and fat levels, is important.
Would frozen brine shrimp be better for corydoras? But still considered a once a week treat?

Would frozen brine shrimp be better for corydoras? But still considered a once a week treat?

Frozen shrimp and daphnia are fine. The bloodworms are the once a week only, if that. i stopped feeding bloodworms a couple years back, the fish haven't raised a ruckus yet! The daphnia they all went wild over. The one thing about frozen foods is the lack of nutrients compared to the prepared foods like bug bites and shrimp pellets. It is to be honest impossible to provide as good nutrition as with quality prepared foods.

My Corydoras will be eating better than me. Exactly the way it should be.

Attachments

• 20230815_194736.jpg
    20230815_194736.jpg
    329.9 KB · Views: 12

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back