Corydoras Eques Build

Coming along well.
Fresh after a water change and filter cleaning
View attachment 130156

So stunning! It looks so much more established than four weeks old!

Lovely to see the cories schooling like that, all excited by the water change? Wish my sterbai's would swim together in the open like that more often, wondering if the planting in my tank is too dense. Think I'm gonna steal your tank layout a little when I condense my tanks, and have one side more open and clear while the other side is more planted. Hope you don't mind my stealing your plans! :D

Those cories are so beautiful, they looks really healthy and happy. Crossing fingers that they spawn for you!

So stunning! It looks so much more established than four weeks old!

Lovely to see the cories schooling like that, all excited by the water change? Wish my sterbai's would swim together in the open like that more often, wondering if the planting in my tank is too dense. Think I'm gonna steal your tank layout a little when I condense my tanks, and have one side more open and clear while the other side is more planted. Hope you don't mind my stealing your plans! :D

Those cories are so beautiful, they looks really healthy and happy. Crossing fingers that they spawn for you!
The chasing and wiggling in front of the other cory is prespawning behavior, the males are trying but females saying nah lol but it's a positive sign.

Sterbai come from tannin stained water so a little bit of tannins may help them feel more comfortable. But they're also quite shy. I've got a group and they're among my more timid cories. But, dim the setup, keep the water over 75F for them, and have lots of cover for them and you may see them more.

Well, tank itself is fairly "mature" as everything was moved from other setups, and the tank itself was a previous setup thats been changed out after unfortunate events.
Couple plants are new though and I'm fighting a tissue culture still, but its filling in.

There's a Farlowella catfish in there somewhere, a new one, very shy and nocturnal this individual. Wouldn't be able to go in an immature setup.

Last edited:
The chasing and wiggling in front of the other cory is prespawning behavior, the males are trying but females saying nah lol but it's a positive sign.

Sterbai come from tannin stained water so a little bit of tannins may help them feel more comfortable. But they're also quite shy. I've got a group and they're among my more timid cories. But, dim the setup, keep the water over 75F for them, and have lots of cover for them and you may see them more.

Well, tank itself is fairly "mature" as everything was moved from other setups, and the tank itself was a previous setup thats been changed out after unfortunate events.
Couple plants are new though and I'm fighting a tissue culture still, but its filling in.

There's a Farlowella catfish in there somewhere, a new one, very shy and nocturnal this individual. Wouldn't be able to go in an immature setup.
Love it!

Yeh, I picked plants from a south american biotope selection and yeh the Brazilian Pennywort was one of them. Its a bit like that Hydrocotyle tripartita 'japan' (that you can push into the substrate and train it to grow along the bottom) but with bigger leaves.

View attachment 129697
Any excuse to get your wort out

Now I really want those cories! Dang it.
Can see the video updates from start to now here:
First video shows arrival

And last was already posted here before, but you get the point. Can see when lighting was improved and such. Floater mostly got removed because turns out it was freaking these guys out lol they'd go up for air and there'd just be floating cover and they'd panic.

Decided against tannins part way in as well, in favor of plants that prefer brighter light (the staurogyne repens and ozelot sword)

Can see the video updates from start to now here:
First video shows arrival

And last was already posted here before, but you get the point. Can see when lighting was improved and such. Floater mostly got removed because turns out it was freaking these guys out lol they'd go up for air and there'd just be floating cover and they'd panic.

Decided against tannins part way in as well, in favor of plants that prefer brighter light (the staurogyne repens and ozelot sword)
beautiful videos,

Maybe time for some cooler water changes, try and get the gals in the mood? *wink wink nudge nudge*!

Would be amazing if you could breed them, might help offset some of the costs of this hobby a bit! And then I'll move to Canada so I can scab some off you for mates rates ;)

Most reactions

Back