cory eggs?

GuppyDude

Stephen
Reaction score
what do cory eggs look like and are they in my tank? there are these lil clear eggs on my plants and i can c the embrios inside, are these cory eggs?

Hi GuppyDude :)

If they were cory eggs they would probably start out as white and even if they were placed close together, you could tell they were separate little things.

If they look like little dots in dabs of a clear jelly like substance, they could be snail eggs. Do you have any of those little pond snails in your tank? :unsure:

i do have these lil snails and a baby appel snail that have hitched ride on plants to my aquarium but none of them large enogh to produce these eggs. the eggs have sinc been eaten to lost. corys i beleive are the only one who could of dont it. the eggs wernt together, they were spread throghout the tank on leaves. they were kind whit but i could easily see the babys inside.

Probably cories. Snails have them all in one mass. :nod:

How big are your snails? Mine are less than a cm in length but they have already bred twice...

my apple snail is still a baby, hes about a cm and the ramshorn are even smaller. i looked up pics of the eggs and thats exactly wat they are :nod: i dont know if they were eaten or got lost in the gravel but if they hatch, what should i be looking for?

Tiny black specs. If you were to lift one out of the water, it would look like a miniature shell, only brown because the light would filter through. When they are that small, it is really hard to see their heads.

well thanx a bunch, juts so u all know, im not trying to breed corys its juts happening :D my cory is ver prego, ver fat now and she'll burst again soom in sure. if i spot any of the babys ill c if i can et them and get them to safty.
thanx for the info tempes

whoa, those are tiny little guys.. i dont think i've ever seen them (the snails).

ya, i didn't even mean to get snails they juts ride in on plants, their very small but they breed like rabbits the apple sanil has boubled in size in th elast week -_-

Told you. Potential breeders. :nod:

Well, you have methods of getting rid of the snails. There should be a pinned article about. I'll look for it.

Invertebrates forum.

The eggs from my Cory were scattered on the glass and on the undersides of plant leaves. They looked white on the glass and the ones on the plants looked like a light, light orange color. The fry are rather tiny when they hatch, but they grow fast! Mine are not quite a week old now and are growing quickly :flex:

Pamela
aka Married Lizard :wub:

Most reactions

Back