Cory cats advise

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

AquaBarb

Aqua}^>holic
🏆 Tank of the Year 🏆
Reaction score
Hi peeps,

Going to be adding some cory's to my 29 gallon planted tank this weekend.

Its fully cycled and as just 6 zebra danios making it home at the moment.

Im pretty new to the hobby and just wondered what you guys could recommend a good choice of cory to start off with.

I like the Panda's but would be open to suggestions. Looking to add 6-8 over time.

P.s will Corys get on with shrimp?

Cheers

I don’t actually know; they were just labeled Cory cats... they look albino? I’m fairly new to the hobby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Given that you have zebra danios which are cooler-water fish than many "tropical" species, a good cory would be the panda cory which occurs in the cooler mountain streams of the Andes in Peru. They also appreciate more current in the water, which suites danios more than it would many other species. But having said that, most any of the cories like cooler rather than warmer temps anyway. But the pandas would be a good match.

Given that you have zebra danios which are cooler-water fish than many "tropical" species, a good cory would be the panda cory which occurs in the cooler mountain streams of the Andes in Peru. They also appreciate more current in the water, which suites danios more than it would many other species. But having said that, most any of the cories like cooler rather than warmer temps anyway. But the pandas would be a good match.
Thanks Byron,

I went with the panda's in the end. Had a good look at all the corys in my LFS and the panda just stood out more. Loved their playful and active nature and they have been a really good addition to my tank. (Did like the false julii's too)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back