Cory catfish keeps swimming to surface and is running like crazy

RainGamma

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
He just started to do this. He stopped but Iā€™m wondering why. Iā€™m going to send a video of it I just got him. I have two right now but going to get more. Itā€™s a 20 gallon long and itā€™s fully cycled

image.jpg

Also how much of Cory Julli should I get for my 20 gallon long?

Corydoras regularly take air in from the surface to breath and help their buoyancy.

If the fish is doing it regularly (several times a minute) there could be a water quality problem or low oxygen levels in the water. Check the ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH of the water. Increase aeration/ surface turbulence and see how they go.

All Corydoras do best in groups of at least 6 or more of their own kind. I think a 20 gallon long is 2 foot long and that should be fine for 6 Cories.

Corydoras regularly take air in from the surface to breath and help their buoyancy.

If the fish is doing it regularly (several times a minute) there could be a water quality problem or low oxygen levels in the water. Check the ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH of the water. Increase aeration/ surface turbulence and see how they go.

All Corydoras do best in groups of at least 6 or more of their own kind. I think a 20 gallon long is 2 foot long and that should be fine for 6 Cories.
Iā€™m pretty sure my water is fine. I think itā€™s the brown algae as people say that it steals oxygen from the fish I scrubbed most of it off but I gotta do more. I can increase my filter

I canā€™t check the Ph right now but I will when I can. Iā€™m going to take it to the pet store to check it out.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back