Cory Behaviour

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

martyn21uk

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Yesterday I added 3xalbino corys to go with my my 3xpeppered corys and 6xblack widow tetras. The 3 albinos just don't seem to show any sign of settling down like the peppered ones. They are continually swimming up and down the glass, backwards and forwards at the top and then diving back down. At feeding time they go downa and are eating well but they rest of the time they are up, down and everywhere. All 3 of them are doing it and at times look like they are racing!! They don't appear stressed, far from it, they look like they are having fun but their behaviour is just so different from my peppered who settled down at the bottom straight away and just pop up for the occassional mouth of air.

Is this normal? Should I be concerned or are they having as much fun as they look like they are?

Cheers, thanks for that. One of the peppered is trying to join in. He soon gets bored though and goes back to the bottom for real fun!

Don't worry bout it. Mine did the same also. As they got older they settled down a bit but every once in a while they still zip around the tank.

Thanks, they are still going for it, 3 days on but they still seem happy enough and are eating and do stop occasionally for the odd bury and search. Its just funny now that the peppered's are like, what is going on? Then they try it, can't see the fun and go back to the bottom. I also had to clean the inside of the front of the glass where they had been swimming up against it for so long!!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back