corral lighting

Max

Fish Addict
Reaction score
i bought a 42W compact floro. light, daylight 6500 lunems... also i have 25W blue spectrum light... and a 60W light... i think this is enough for med-high lighting on a 10G :)

is it?

Depends on the corals, some are very delicate in this matter and wont do so good under that lighting. That said I my self dont have the highest wattage output in my lights. I have around 120Watts and that's just about enough to have the corals I have. Obiously though some corals do not need as much light. I'm sure you can but ask before you buy if it will be okay under your lights. I always do even though I usually know but is good to have a second opinion from a pro.

Also if you are looking for an anenome later on they are not easy to take care of and require a bit more lightning in there. Maybe the bubble tip/ green anenome might be okay. Theres a few but I would think that they wont thrive under your lights and even die.

That said, cut a long story short yes BUT (I cant stress enough) ask before you buy to see if they will be okay under your hood! ;)

i took that back and got a 15W foresent light... about 5k lunems and the whole tank has about 9k lunems and 75W of indecesent lighting and 15W of foresent lighting...

is this enough for a fungi plate (green or purple) or a bubble anemone or... a Fluorescent Orange Cycloseris... or what could i have?

Most reactions

Back