compatibility

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Well ghost shrimp should be fine but the betta may eat them, I don't know personally, I still consider this fine as ghost's are really a feeder in the first place. but the three things that the oh so reliable wall-mart tags state can go with male betta's are White cloud mountain minnow, adf's, and ghost shrimp. I would think the hatchets would be ok, gourami is probably a no no, apple snail should be fine, and iknow nothing of platies. Keep in mind this is all slightly educated speculation, and every fish is different, you may find a male betta that can go with guppies but it's not very likely.

Apple Snails---> Some bettas are okay with them, other's will attack them. You would have to try it out, also, apple snails get quite big and produce alot of waste

Silver Hatchets---> I am not sure, but I wouldn't keep a betta with them.

Ghost Shrimp---> Once again, some bettas like them, other's don't.

Dwarf Gouramis---> No betta should be kept with ANY type of Gourami.

Platies---> Not quite sure, but bettas have been known to kill many platies and vice versa.

Otto's---> Most bettas are fine with otto's but otto's need very clean, mature water.

LOL i just want to say that i have been around fishkeeping for a while and i know alot about aquariums but ive only owned 1 betta in my lifetime so im not really educated about them.........i really need a life if ive only had 1 betta

I've read many times the betta, ghost shrimp, african dwarf frogs, and apple snails are all compatible.

I don't know about the other fish you listed but I wouldn't chance it with them.

Keep in mind that african dwarf frogs must be fed blackworms or similar with a turkey baster or something else that can pin point the food where he is....their not the smartest eaters in the world.

I've always wanted to try a setup like this and something like this say in a 5 or 10 gallon planted tank would be very cool.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back