Compatability question for Blue Rams

Captain Canuck

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I just went to my LFS today and they have some great looking blue rams :wub: in. I want to put them in my 20 gallon community tank which currenty houses corys and a betta.
The LFS staff said they would get along great with the betta, but I wanted some expert opinions on this one as I wouldn't want my betta to be nipped at. :no:
So what do you think can they get along?

I think the rams would more likely be victim to the betta!

Rams are very peaceful with other species, but are quite picky with water IME, they dont like medications and a lot of Rams forsale are just bad quality. If they have strong dark colours, and bright yellow bodies, then they should be ok, pale washed out looking fish I never touch. At about 1- 1 1/2 inches you can tell really good stock, below that and its a bit more difficult.

Ken

Thanks Ken.
The rams were a beautiful yellow, with darker vertical bands. I had gone looking for more corys, but saw these and had to stop and reconsider. The betta has been very peaceful with other fish that have been temporarily housed in the 20 gallon before moving into my larger tank. I guess I could try and at the first sign of trouble put in my tank divider for the betta, plus this would give me the perfect excuse to buy a tank to have in my office at work (and my wife really would be able to argue since I am doing it for the wellbeing of the fish). :sly: :whistle:

Well after thinking about it overnight, I think I will go with my original plan and get a couple of corys instead. Maybe I'll get rams if I buy a new tank sometime.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back