compact fluorescent fixture

EkizUCLA

Reaction score
Hi, I bought a 55 gallon All Glass Aquarium kit. I know the lighting on this is not suitable for plants. It comes with two 24 inch hoods and two fixtures. Can I just buy compact flourescent fixtures bulbs for these? If I need a new hood/fixture I'll need to buy one, since I'm really bad at building that kind of stuff :*) . Does anyone know a site where I can buy one?

No, you can't put compacts in those fixtures.
I would reccomend AH supply, which is a DIY retrofit store, but you said you didn't want to build anything, so you could look on Ebay for some lights. That's where I got my JBJ aquatics CF fixture. There's a seller on there, reefking, I would mostly reccomend him, but make sure he sends you the right bulbs! I was supposed to get 2 6500K bulbs, but he sent me 10,000K. I'm sure he would have replaced the bulbs, as there were other buyers who had the same problem that sent them back and got the right ones, but my parents don't want to buy any more bulbs or send them back. :/
Good luck!!!
Robin

I'm assuming I need a 48 inch light fixture? I can get 130 watts max. Is that good enough for plants?

That is actually wrong. You can fit 55W fretrofits from AH Supply in those fictures.

Most reactions

Back